I have not been writing.
This is okay -except for the fact that I have had lots I've wanted to write about. Elective C-sections, questions of identity, love, etc. Nothing brilliant or entertaining but themes I'd like to explore.
Facebook is partly to blame. I'm finding it more and more evil. It is sapping my soul quickly and efficiently and making me slothful and uninspired. Instead of practicing the art of succinct and pretty story-telling, I have gotten sucked into a world of pseudo-catchy poseur headlines. While I appreciate that form of expression in a way, it leaves me with the feeling that something is missing from these one-lined attention grabbers, namely feeling, context and beauty. Who envisioned a day where the blog would be a lamented art form? Am I clinging to my typewriter of the 21st century?
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment